Raising money for startup doesn’t have to be complicated. Crafting a killer pitch to investors is an important factor for raising capital. Getting adequate investor funding is crucial for business growth and survival of many startups.
Your ability to communicate clearly what your startup can do is essential for raising capital and funding:
- Do your research before you craft your pitch: know your investors, know your market and know your numbers.
- Tell a story. People understand and remember stories better than dry facts and statistics.
- Keep it short. According to Guy Kawasaki, a powerpoint presentation for your pitch should have 10 slides, last no more than 20 minutes, and contain no font smaller than 30 points.
Raising Money For Startup: How to Craft a Killer Investor Pitch
Raising Money for Your Startup Business
Additional Resources for Pitching to Investors and Raising Money for Startups
- 10 Minute Pitch Guidelines — A very simple approach to creating a business plan presentation: 10 – 15 slides are all that’s needed.
- Expert Tips on Pitching a Winner — Compilation of pitch tips from experts who have heard a lot of pitches.
- What Do Investors Look For? — What investors look for and what should you cover in your pitch as well as what to do and what not to do when pitching your idea or company.
- Elevator Pitch Guide — You can access articles, webinars and a free “how to pitch” eBook.
- One-Sentence Startup Pitches
- How to Pitch to Investors In 10 Minutes and Get Funded
- Pitching Hacks: How to Pitch Investors — Get the pdf for Pitching Hacks, The Venture Hacks Bible and the Cap Table (instructions)
Get INSTANT ACCESS to Your 100% FREE Video Tutorials
- Small Business Owner? How to Boost Your Sales and Profits Every Day: You Can End Roller-Coaster Sales PERMANENTLY. Learn more >>
- Affiliate Marketer? How to Make a Living With Affiliate Marketing: You Can Boost Your Sales, Profits and SPENDABLE Income Rapidly. Learn more >>
- Aspiring Entrepreneur? How to Earn Money Online and Make a Living From Home. Learn more >>